New Rett Parents: Start Here
Welcome to our Getting Started page for new Rett Parents and Family. We have a collection of courses to help start your Rett journey, as well as additional resources.
The Rett University Courses that we think would be helpful to you as you begin your journey are organized below on the left-hand side.. Courses in bold are those we suggest being taken first.
At right, we have additional top resources that we have collected that will get you started on the right path.
Rett University Courses
- Initial Diagnosis
- Rett Syndrome: Possibilities and Competence
- All About Individualized Education Programs (IEP) Meetings
- Importance of Using a Robust Communication System
- Modeling: We have the Device, Now What?
- Experiencing Success with Eye Gaze
Courses to Consider Next:
- Modeling 1
- Modeling 2
- Modeling 3
- The Power of Music
- Play and Leisure
- Writing for Beginners
- Snap Core
- Literacy: ‘Where Do We Start’ Webinar
- Emergent Literacy Basics Webinar
- Emergent Literacy Building Blocks Model
- Creating Social Conversations: Talking Photo Album
- CVI and Rett Syndrome
- Communicator 5: Setting Up, Customizing, and Communicating – Part 1
- Writing: Fitting Flipbooks into Daily Life
Top Resources for Parents & Family
- Rett University, you are here now!
- Girl Power 2 Cure, sister organization of Rett University, focused on Family Support
- Other Rett Organizations
- Types of Communication
- Equipment Resources
- Adaptive Technology Resources
- Tobii Dynavox, equipment manufacturer
- PRC-Saltillo, equipment manufacturer
Free Resources as you begin the communication & literary journey: